Back-to-School Information 2017
What do I need to do before school starts?
1. Submit the following enrollment forms as soon as possible (if you haven’t already)
- For incoming TK and Kindergarten students: please make sure you have submitted your student’s immunization and health forms. A copy of immunizations from you doctor is fine, and you can access the health form from our online registration platform Reg Online here.
- For new incoming upper grade students: health forms are due by December 1.
- For students returning this year: there is NO NEED to resubmit health forms.
- Submit additional medical forms (as relevant):
Free or Reduced Lunch Forms (ALL families):
We need completed National School Lunch Program (NSLP) forms from everyone. These forms are critical for the school’s reporting, so please make sure to complete and submit yours in Reg Online.
Other Important Registration Information
Information such as your child’s emergency contact information, and the list of people approved to pick them up from school can be provided via Reg Online.
It is very important for you to complete your registration by the first day of school! If you have any issues, feel free to call the office at 510.746.0700, or come directly to the office for help.
2. School Calendar
See www.francophoneschool.org/calendar for online and printable school calendars, and make sure to add our school vacation, staff development days, and holidays to your calendars.
3. Before and After School Care (BASC) Registration
- More information about the on-site program is available at http://francophoneschool.org/basc and in the BASC Parent Orientation Packet.
- The Jewish Community Center also provides aftercare for our students, including transportation to their North Oakland facility. For more information and to sign up, go to http://www.jcceastbay.org/afterschool-oakland/.
- Families qualifying for free or reduced-price lunch get a sliding-scale discount on all rates.
- Additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. School Lunch Registration
- New this year: Whether you plan to order school lunches or not, ALL FAMILIES must create an account through www.boonli.com. You will need our school code which is FSC352.
- This is the same company that provided lunches last year, it just has a new name.
- The deadline to order lunches for the following week is 9:00 am Tuesday the week before.
- The menu for the following month is posted for ordering on the third Tuesday of the month.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form: Please complete this form as soon as possible, even if you think you are not eligible for free and reduced lunch. Eligibility guidelines are available at this link. This information will also be used to determine financial aid opportunities for the after school program.
5. What should my child bring on the first day of school?
- Here is a list of school supplies you may want to provide your child for school. These are recommendations only and are NOT required.
- Change of clothes (including socks and underwear) labeled with your child’s name, stored in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child’s first and last name
- Emergency Kits: Please provide a labeled gallon-size ziploc bag for your child for our emergency kits including:
- Nut-free snacks such as apple sauce, cereal bars, beef jerky, chips, etc.
- Sweater or sweatshirt, labeled
- Socks, labeled
- Small comfort item (stuffed animal, lovey), labeled
- Family photo and/or letter from the family
- Food and clothing bags (see supply lists)
- Most importantly, your child’s excitement and interest in learning and meeting new friends!
As stewards of the Earth, we are trying to minimize printing and copying. If you do not have access to the internet and need a paper copy of the Family Handbook or other school documents, please stop by the office or contact us at enroll@ or 510.746.0700.