What do I need to do before school starts?
1. Submit the following enrollment forms as soon as possible (if you haven’t already)
- For incoming TK and Kindergarten students: please make sure you have submitted your student’s immunization and health forms. A copy of immunizations from you doctor is fine, and you can access the health form from our online registration platform Reg Online here.
- For new incoming upper grade students: health forms are due by December 1.
- For students returning this year: there is NO NEED to resubmit health forms.
- Submit additional medical forms (as relevant):
Free or Reduced Lunch Forms (ALL families):
We need completed National School Lunch Program (NSLP) forms from everyone. These forms are critical for the school’s reporting, so please complete and submit at Reg Online. These forms were accidentally set to “enabled” in the Reg Online system in the Spring, indicating that the form was filled out when it wasn’t. If you filled out the form prior to July 1, it needs to be resubmitted. PLEASE go into the system and make sure you’ve signed the NSLP form.
In the interest of time, you may also submit documents electronically by emailing them to enroll@or directly to the school office, which is open from 8:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Other Important Registration Information
Information such as your child’s emergency contact information, and the list of people approved to pick them up from school can be provided via Reg Online. It is very important for you to complete your registration by the first day of school! If you have any issues, feel free to call the office at (510) 746-0700, or come directly to the office for help.
2. School Schedule August 22-September 2
The first week of school, August 22-26, is early release (1:00 p.m.) for all students.
- August 22-26: TK – 4 — 8:15-1:00
The second week of school is early release (1:00 p.m.) for TK & K students only, except for Wednesday, August 31, all students are released at 1:00 p.m.
- August 29 – Sept 2:
- TK & K — 8:15-1:00
- 1-4 — 8:15-3:15
- TK-4 — 8:15-1:00 Wednesday, Aug. 31
Regular schedule (starting September 6):
- Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri
- TK-K — 8:15-3:10
- 1-4 — 8:15-3:15
- TK-4 — 8:15-1:00
See www.francophoneschool.org/calendar for online and printable school calendars.
3. Before and After School Care (BASC) Registration
- If you would like to enroll your child in BASC at the school site, please let us know using this form.
- More information about the on-site program is available at http://francophoneschool.org/before-and-after-school-care/.
- Remember that the Jewish Community Center also provides aftercare for our students, including transportation to their North Oakland facility. For more information and to sign up, go to http://www.jcceastbay.org/afterschool-oakland/.
- Families qualifying for Free or Reduced Lunch get a sliding scale discount on all rates.
- Additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. School Lunch Registration
- Parents can order lunch through orderlunches.com. It is a simple process. You will need our school code which is FSC 352.
- Please order lunch for your child for the first week of school by 4:00 PM Friday, 8/19.
- Going forward, the deadline to order lunches for the following week is 9:00 am Tuesday the week before.
- The menu for August & September will be on Order Lunches the week of August 15. From October to June, the menu for the following month is posted for ordering on the third Tuesday of the month.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form: Please complete this form as soon as possible, even if you think you are not eligible for free and reduced lunch. Eligibility guidelines are available at this link. This information will also be used to determine financial aid opportunities for the after school program.
5. What should my child bring on the first day of school?
- Here is a list of school supplies you may want to provide your child for school. These are recommendations only and are NOT required.
- Change of clothes (including socks and underwear) labeled with your child’s name, stored in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child’s first and last name
- Emergency Kits: Please provide a labeled gallon-size ziploc bag for your child for our emergency kits including:
- Nut-free snacks such as apple sauce, cereal bars, beef jerky, chips, etc.
- Sweater or sweatshirt, labeled
- Socks, labeled
- Small comfort item (stuffed animal, lovey), labeled
- Family photo and/or letter from the family
- Food and clothing bags (see supply lists)
- Most importantly, your child’s excitement and interest in learning and meeting new friends!
As stewards of the Earth, we are trying to minimize printing and copying. If you do not have access to the internet and need a paper copy of the Family Handbook or other school documents, please stop by the office or contact us at enroll@or 510-746-0700.