Mission and Vision
The Francophone Charter School of Oakland is a French immersion elementary charter school that opened its doors in Oakland in August 2015. It was approved by the Oakland Unified School District on August 13, 2014.
The mission of the Francophone Charter School of Oakland is to provide a dual-immersion curriculum to a diverse community of students. Our goal is to develop bilingual and bi-literate global citizens who are open-minded and value intellectual curiosity, personal integrity and creativity.
We will achieve our mission by:
- Providing an academically rigorous curriculum that teaches students to excel in French and English;
- Preparing students for the 21st century by offering a well rounded education that also incorporates global themes, arts and technology;
- Valuing and incorporating community into the life of the school, including civic engagement on a local and global level;
- Recruiting and maintaining a diverse student body and staff;
- Teaching the value of inquiry, analysis, evaluation and creative problem solving as strategies for making well informed decisions;
- Encouraging students and staff to work in teams, learn from each other, and share in the decision making process;
- Fostering values of accountability and responsibility.