Francophone Charter School Community
For the 2016-2017 year, a core group of parents established a Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) for the school called the Francophone Charter School Community (FCSC). It will replace the Parent Community Network (PCN) which existed in the 2015-2016 school year. The purpose of the FCSC is to:
- Support the mission of the school by promoting open communication among families, teachers, and administrators;
- Encourage and support volunteerism and family involvement in school activities;
- Promote school and community partnerships that support the mission of the school; and
- Support the school’s fundraising efforts.
The president of the FCSC also serves on the School Attendance Review Board (SARB). The FCSC will have monthly meetings open to all parents and legal guardians who will be responsible for electing a five person governing board consisting of a President, Vice-President, Recording Secretary, Communications Secretary, and a Treasurer. The first meeting will be held on September 15, 2016 with a purpose of electing the board. The FCSC will also organize and support the standing committees, which currently include the following:
- Community Outreach
- Global Citizenship
- Health and Wellness
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Art, and Math)
- Yearbook and picture days
- Visual and Performing Arts
Please stay tuned for communications regarding this group and how to participate.